Who are we?
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
What do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
What is the role?
Based in Sydney, we are now actively recruiting a Category Leader – Pacific Logistics. This position leads and provides end to end strategic sourcing support for Logistics Operations team, both transportation (full truckload, LTL, air freight, parcel, expedited) & warehousing to ensure maximum efficiency and implement local & global sourcing opportunities, strategies and synergies regarding systems, processes, and category management. The role also provides strategic advisory and consulting insights around best practices to the internal Logistics requirements, develop and implement programs to fulfil internal Logistics requirements, manage vendor risk, performance and relationships, in addition to meeting both internal and external regulatory requirements, which will drive to obtain targeted financial benefit. Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Sourcing and Category Planning
- Business and Stakeholder Alignment
- Buying/Procurement Management and Oversight
- Supplier Integration/Supplier Relationship Management
- Financial Planning and Reporting
- Sourcing Life cycle management
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven and confident professional who wants to work for a values based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills:
- Graduate/MBA with strong negotiation skills
- Procurement experience in Category procurement (Logistics).
- Logistics operations knowledge and expertise.
- Spend Management: €30M+
- Country Scope: Australia & New Zealand. Role may expand to other countries in future.
- Strong leadership skills, cross Functional team work, strong communication skill and functional management exposure is preferred
- Proficient in English. People and Presentation Skill is essential. Cross-Cultural Competent and management of diverse business oriented environment.
- Hands on experience on ERP systems e.g.: SAP
- Hands on experience on e-sourcing platforms e.g.: ARIBA or e Reverse Auction
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.