About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia’s Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke is recruiting for an experienced Senior Environmental Advisor for a major Infrastructure project based in Sydney.
The successful candidate will play a key coaching role to Supervisors and Managers on site, drive environmental performance and promote sustainability initiatives, whilst ensuring compliance with Laing O'Rourke's processes and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing environmental leadership to the project team and promote environmental awareness.
- Drive project environmental performance and provide training where necessary to ensure specified requirements are being met.
- Liaise with project management, client representatives and government agencies to develop solutions and strategy to realise project and business goals.
- Champion environmental licensing and planning approval interpretation, application and compliance.
- Assist with preparation of construction method statements to ensure environmental aspects are considered and effectively managed.
- Conduct environmental inspections/audits and assist in developing strategies to mitigate identified risks.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of subcontractors and suppliers in respect to environmental and sustainability requirements.
You will have
As the suitable candidate for this role, you will hold a tertiary qualification in environmental engineering/science (or similar) along with experience working in Environmental Advisor roles across infrastructure projects in Australia. You will possess detailed knowledge of environmental and construction legislation and industry practices and experience in leading investigations.
At Laing O'Rourke we work hard to create an environment that brings out the very best in our people. We believe in building careers amid a safe, connected and innovative culture – not just creating jobs.
We want to equip all our people with the skills they need to be part of a dynamic Engineering Enterprise.
We have our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to industry-leading learning tools to help every employee acquire the core competencies and skills needed to excel in this fast-changing environment.
We have committed to a number of policies and programs to improve our gender composition, including our industry-leading paid parental leave policy, where the primary carer is entitled to 26 weeks of paid leave, 18 of which are at full pay and eight weeks at half pay.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.