Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales Australia Benalla facility in regional Victoria produces a range of munitions including small arms ammunition, large calibre ammunition, bombs and pyrotechnics, grenades, fuses and detonators for the defence and commercial markets.
The Capital Projects Manager leads the Projects team at the Benalla Facility ensuring delivery of capital investment projects into the site. The team provide a highly visible service to our Defence customer and internal stakeholders.
- Programme management of new and upgraded capabilities across the site
- Be involved in project from end to end, estimation through to project delivery and contractor management
- Lead the process to seek funding for projects from the business or our client
- Coordinate internal site resources to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget
- Liaise with multiple internal stakeholders in a variety of departments to achieve successful project outcomes
- Manage the Strategic Asset Management plan for the Benalla site
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering or Science disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in a manufacturing and or industrial setting
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong history of implementing sound project management principals and ability to use software for scheduling works
- Knowledge of safety management systems including JSEAs, SWMS, HAZOP and permit to work systems
We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re an equal opportunity employer who is open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.