As a Cadet Drafter (Technical Assistant) you will work as part of a team to assist with delivery of civil engineering design projects. This role is a developmental opportunity where you will grow your skills-base and acquire a more specialised understanding of digital engineering concepts and processes using a variety of design software applications.
In the role of Technical Assistant you will be afforded the opportunity to start (or continue) with an Associate Degree in Engineering and gain on the job skill building and experience including:
- Producing civil designs and associated engineering drawings via the use of AutoCAD and 12d;
- Developing excellent drawing/model management skills via the use of Projectwise and Synergy;
- Developing excellent drawing/model checking skills;
- Developing Federated models via the use of Navisworks;
- Liaison with designers and project team engineers to ensure timely delivery of project outputs.
- Interest in gaining civil design knowledge through on the job experience;
- Interest in 3D modelling and 2D drawing extraction;
- Eager to learn through on the job experience and University study;
- Enthusiastic and driven.
- High achievement levels in Maths and Science subjects;
- Completed or Graduating from Year 12;
- Enrolled or eligible to enrol in an Associate Degree of Civil Engineering;
- Basic proficiency in using AutoCAD with a low error rate;
- Sound skills to use all Microsoft Office packages.
As part of the Cadetship, you will be required to maintain good pass levels in Associate Degree (external studies) to achieve successful completion of this qualification.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 201859BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.