Retail Business Manager is accountable for the delivery and optimisation of safety, financial and operational performance targets across a network of 13+ sites.
The role is accountable for establishing a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement, coaching their teams for success and developing staff for business succession planning. Key deliverables of the role is to consciously drive and deeply embed throughout the business a customer focused culture.
- Drive a safety culture across cluster of sites and the broader network.
- Responsible for safe and reliable operations across their cluster, execute LED and SOYT initiatives within the teams and develop safety culture.
- Implement & execute programs to achieve Zero Injuries and safe environmental operations.
- Build and develop the site manager’s leadership capability, in turn creating a future leadership pipeline.
- Motivate and energise a team of site managers and site staff, to ensure the highest operational standards and continuous improvement.
- Review & action feedback from support teams to deliver operational excellence within the portfolio of stores.
- Front-line focus on retail site performance (customer experience & financial).
- Own & drive cluster performance, make decisions and drive commercial results.
- Create and implement cluster and site business strategies that will assist in achieving plan and ongoing growth.
- Drive the delivery of site & food sales against plan, identify, implement & escalate growth opportunities, supporting the delivery of fuel volumes versus plan, ensuring store standards are maintained,
- Execute bottom line accountability for the delivery of cost and controls while optimising performance.
- Complete monthly store level performance meetings with all stores, reviewing territory performance with Retail State Manager.
- Review performance metrics/ reports from Retail Development Advisor - support the initiatives and recommendations.
- Drive the completion of action plans from business reviews .
- Review actions from Talk2BP& Customer surveys.
- Support and deliver projects within the region, delivering Retail agendas.
- Execution of employee relations strategy.
Tertiary qualification in a Marketing/Business or significant experience working in a similar role.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Strong experience in retail operations or trading.
- Demonstrable experience in developing tactics to drive business results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a way that engenders consensus, gains commitment, inspires and motivates others.
- Demonstrated experience of on-time delivery of key projects and objectives.
- Experience in managing and building internal and external relationships.
- Proven financial experience delivering financial results.
- Proven ability to coach, lead, develop and motivate a team to deliver outstanding performance.
- Clear evidence of understanding of HSSE and OHS practices and an ability to drive and deliver safety.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 50%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.