Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Banking is responsible for the overall management of relationships with major corporate and institutional clients across a broad range of geographies. This involves working closely with a variety of product specialists to deliver a comprehensive range of services such as treasury and capital markets, transaction banking, strategic advisory and investment management and the origination and ongoing management of the credit and lending product. Global Banking advises collective knowledge of global economies, sector, industries and institutions, coupled with the understanding of local markets and cultures worldwide, help to deliver innovative, integrated financial solutions to our clients
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our Global Banking COO Office team as Associate Director, Business Management.
Reporting to the COO, Global Banking, the role works closely with the Global Banking client coverage and product teams by delivering on all right-first-time management and business performance reports with scope encompassing P&L, Balance Sheet and RWAs. Role will also be responsible for providing meaningful analysis to help inform GB’s overall strategy and business performance and implement initiatives to drive improvements to the function. .
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to senior management decision making and strategy discussions by developing and delivering insightful, accurate and timely management information and business performance reports in an effective and efficient manner.
- Work with the relevant teams to prepare and ensure timely and accurate submission of any analysis/commentary, forecasts, presentations and meeting papers
- Regularly track performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Annual Operating Plans (AOP), and client portfolio management reports
- Working with Finance teams to support the strategic and business planning activities of the bank through reporting, forecasting and modelling of Global Banking financial performance drivers. Act as a centre of expertise for P&L, balance sheet, and RWA reporting for Global Banking
- Undertake ad hoc and regular analysis to support strategic and business decisions and business planning as directed by senior management (e.g. competitor / peer group analysis)
- Develop a data centric and end to end process understanding of the various systems used in Global Banking to drive accuracy in business performance reporting. Lead and support data management initiatives by driving process improvements.
- Lead or support multiple projects or work-streams to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness of the function and the broader business.
- Lead the identification and annual refresh and assessment of end user computing (EUC) for all Global Banking
- Develop close and effective working relationships with coverage and product teams by proactively understanding issues and resolving them in an effective and timely manner
- Demonstrate leadership through ongoing engagement, appropriate training and coaching of junior team members.
- Develop and maintain documentation of processes and procedures for the role and for the business as required. Establish a consistent operating rhythm to the role to ensure timely delivery of core activities
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Recognised professional accounting qualification with 8+ years of experience
- Proven business knowledge including a good understanding of Commercial Banking and Investment Banking products, and financial and commercial drivers key to decision making in these businesses
- Ability to articulate complex and sensitive information and situations in meaningful and concise ways
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in financial control or thorough understanding of finance systems would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability including Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to drive, deliver and implement change and process improvement through an organised and structured approach
- Energetic and resilient with ability to work under pressure, report to tight deadlines and deal effectively with issues as they arise. Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and problem solve
- Effective team player - very collaborative, communicates progress, status and issues on a regular basis
- High degree of motivation and commitment
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.
Job Field: Analytics
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Shift: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy