At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Our Jimblebar operation is BHP's first fully autonomous haulage site. Jimblebar is a dynamic site where we strive to achieve a culture of inclusion, improve safety and productivity with the use of technology.We are looking for a Business Improvement Specialist to be part of a high performing Mining Equipment Maintenance team who are committed to making a real difference to the way we do things. Reporting to the Superintendent Analysis & Improvement your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying/ facilitating/ leading high value cost, reliability and culture initiatives
- Supporting and coaching others in delivering improvement initiatives
- Collaborating closely with other teams within and external to Jimblebar
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement and zero harm
As the successful candidate you will ideally possess the following:
- Formal qualification in Lean/ Six Sigma or another business improvement methodology
- Demonstrated project management skills on large and complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills and ability to develop and build credibility among peers and management alike
- Leadership experience driving change of processes and behaviours to improve performance
- Proven coaching and mentoring experience
- Experience with root cause analysis
Although not essential, experience with mining, reliability engineering and SAP will be highly regarded.
Location **You will be based at our ‘Jimblebar’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off roster. Jimblebar is a fully automated mine site and is located 40kms North East of Newman, Western Australia. The outstanding facilities at Warrawandu FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, golf driving nets, outdoor cinema, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court; beach volleyball court, games room, music room and TV lounge. All rooms at the village have access to 3G wireless internet and Skype, an ensuite bathroom, flat screen television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible employment arrangements and a generous paid parental leave policy which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia