As the world’s only integrated Technology Company that spans the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
Siemens has a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer to take on a Business Development and Strategy role within our Power Generation Services team based at our North Ryde office (Sydney).
This role will help to manage the function of Business Development and Strategy of the Controls and Digitalisation Solutions for rotating equipment in the power generation and oil & gas markets. You will be involved in developing markets for Siemens digitalisation and service offerings in the control and digitalisation systems space of the power generation and oil & gas market, engaging with existing and new customers.
Additional key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help in developing strategies to penetrate new areas of business within the power generation, and oil and gas sectors
- Reviewing sales volumes and evaluating markets and needs of potential and existing customers
- Engaging with customer contacts and building/maintaining a customer focused network
- Investigating and evaluating specific business opportunities for products and solutions
In order to be considered for this role it is likely that you will have the following:
- An interest in developing a career in Business Development within the power generation and / or oil & gas industries.
- Some knowledge of controls and digitalisation systems.
- Some knowledge of rotating equipment
- Ability to analyse data and proposes recommendations for local market
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build sound working relationships
- A willingness and ability to travel within Australia
- 2 or more years’ experience within power generation and / or oil & gas industry
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical (with Controls / Electrical background) Engineering
If you are a dynamic individual with a strategic focus, and are looking for a career with a global technology leader, then this could be the role for you.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 89239
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time