Overview - Risk Team Structure
Integrity and appropriate conduct are integral to Schroders' culture and approach to risk management. Active and effective risk management is at the core of Schroders' business and is regarded as a key competence by clients, consultants, regulators, counterparties, shareholders, internal stakeholders and other interested parties. Group Risk works closely with the other governance functions (Compliance, Group Internal Audit and Group Legal) in order to identify risks and provide independent challenge and oversight to the group's risk profile. The Group Risk function team consists of specialists in the following areas:
- Credit Risk
- Investment Risk including Portfolio Compliance, Models and Quantitative Analysis
- Enterprise Risk including; Operational Risk, Capital Modelling, Stress Testing and Business Continuity
- Corporate Insurance
In addition to the functional leads, we have Heads of Risk in each of our geographical regions and for Wealth Management to ensure the risk management framework is effectively implemented in each region and the business is appropriately supported.
The successful applicant will report to the Head of Business Continuity (BC). You will be expected to learn the core BC disciplines and provide business continuity and crisis management advice and guidance to the business. This will include training, briefing and ensuring that Schroders' BC capability is of the highest quality. The role offers the opportunity to interface with a broad spectrum of the business and global offices. The successful applicant will be assigned a number of offices and business lines to support, whilst providing broad support, on a range of core BC disciples, to the group. The successful applicant will be expected to quickly understand the business, in order to provide effective advice and oversight as soon as possible. The successful applicant will have our full support and guidance.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible in their approach and be ready to respond to the evolving nature of the business and disruptive events. We work in a dynamic environment, as part of Group Risk, helping to provide oversight to all parts of the Schroders Group.
At the outset, the role is specific to business continuity and crises management. However, an interest and increasing knowledge, in the wider disciplines of Group Risk may offer future opportunities within the team, should an opening arise.
• Provide Business Continuity advice and guidance to the Business and act in a second line risk capacity
• Monitor metrics and help the business comply with the Schroders Business Continuity policy
• Ensure all areas (business and geographies) within the scope of the role, comply with local regulations specific to Business Continuity
• Ensure BC plans are effective and fit for purpose
• In partnership with the business, identify and manage gaps and risks in recovery arrangements and ensure transparency and accountability
• Brief, educate, train and exercise the business on the incident response process and other key programme deliverables
• Facilitate scenario based exercises to improve the capability of incident management teams
• Work as part of a team to monitor, respond, escalate and report disruptive events (including out of hours if required)
• Assist the business with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery testing. This will include pre and post-test administration and the tracking and closure of corrective actions
• Work with supplier relationship managers and procurement, to manage the exposure to third party BC risk
• Become proficient with the group planning tool, to develop BC plans and launch emergency employee communications
• Work as part of a team to respond to client requests and attend client due diligence meetings
• Maintain the Global Business Continuity and Resilience (GBCR) Intranet site and help prepare and run local and regional updates and conferences
• Prior BC and crisis management experience is preferable but not essential. You will need enthusiasm and the willingness to quickly learn the core Business Continuity disciplines
• To learn and become proficient with our core BC planning tool and database.
• Excellent IT skills (including MS office) and a sound understanding of the IT infrastructure that underpins core business activities
• The ability to concisely and accurately convey information (verbal, presentations and written)
• The ability and willingness to work non-standard hours
• Able to quickly build relationships and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
• Effective time management and organisational skills
• Proactive and enthusiastic, with the confidence to communicate gaps and risk and ensure accountability