- Passionate about building great relationships?
- Great opportunity to progress your skills & career
- Thrive within an experienced, supportive team
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
With more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at over 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world we need to be more than good with money. We need to be good with people too.
As Australia’s largest business bank, we work with small, medium and large businesses to help them start, run and grow. We fund some of the most important infrastructure in our communities – including schools, hospitals and roads. And we do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.
About the role
As a Business Banking Manager you will be responsible for managing an existing portfolio of clients which consists of a range of trading and services businesses including engineering, property services/development, accounting, real estate, equipment hire and property investment. With a focus on business development, you will also have the ability to develop strong referral sources, community links and new business partnerships for this portfolio.
Imparting specialist advice, you will:
- Assess economic value and risk potential of new business Maintain and enhance the credit risk profile and profitability of the portfolio
- Utilise a structured CIS approach, building and leveraging relationships with specialists for the best customer outcomes
- Develop and improve professional excellence through management of individual and team performance
- Implement annual business plans for your customer portfolio
- Prepare and submit business lending proposals
- Lead, coach and motivate others
- A relevant business-related tertiary qualification (preferred but not essential)
- Experience within an busy portfolio of business banking clients
- Passionate about sales and customer relationship management
- Willingness to network and identify new business
- Achieve sales goals through effective funnel management
- Maintain a good operating rhythm to ensure the delivery of relationship excellence
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for teamwork
In return we offer structured training, career progression and development in an experienced and supportive team environment.
We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence.
How to apply
If you have a strong sense of community and believe banking is about passion for the customer, a will to win and a great team, then apply today!
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please only apply if you meet the above skills and experience.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time