At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.An exciting new opportunity, Business Analyst, Production Systems, has arisen in the project team working across the Technology Production System portfolio. Working under the guidance of the project’s lead analyst and/or Project Manager, your key accountabilities include the following:
- Engage and facilitate workshops and meetings with Technology, Business operations and potential vendor stakeholders for requirements gathering and analysis. Regular engagement with the project team on requirements, solution options and the delivery of key Small Project Management Framework (SPMF) artefacts;
- Travel to site (QLD or NSW) as required to undertake information gathering and attend key stakeholder meetings and presentations;
- Deliver options and recommendations for early close out of key decision points around solution reporting and notifications functionality;
- Analyse current system functionality and provide gap analysis against proposed solution upgrades;
- Conduct business risk analysis of the proposed solutions and alternatives;
- Conduct business process impact analysis of the proposed solutions;
- Develop documentation and presentation material as required and in line with BHP methodologies;
- Prepare TO-BE processes that will inform Change Management activity and feed into training material;
- Assist with developing solution cost estimates; and
- Understand the needs of end-users and consumers of operational systems.
With significant experience as a Business Analyst at a strategic level, you will demonstrate:
- Familiarity across vendor assessment methodologies;
- Proven ability to persuade and influence a wide variety of people through informal methods;
- Strong experience in Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid Waterfall project methodologies;
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with a proven ability to engage stakeholders;
- Ability to convey information to non-technical stakeholders in a concise and clear way;
- A logical approach to problem solving and complexity disaggregation with solid analytical decision making; and
- Knowledge of production systems and control system environments will be expected. Detailed experience in documenting in many of these domains is essential.
Your diversity of thought and practical experience will be embraced and you will be empowered to make a real difference to our business.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.