Siemens Australia Ltd has a reputable and rapidly growing Industry Sector, which is made up of two divisions, Process Industry and Drives, and Digital Factory. An opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated Bid / Project Manager to join the Process Industries and Drives team in Bayswater, Melbourne.
You will be responsible for helping prepare offers for Automation based Projects from the customer’s Request for Quotation. This is to include clarifying technical content, costs, resource requirements, schedule etc. You will also be expected to act as the Project manager to deliver Projects while adhering to the Siemens Project guidelines and is responsible for the Profit & loss of the project.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Help clarify customer requirements and specifications, during the Request For Quotation (RFQ).
- Designs and develops technical specification, and time line, milestones and budget needed in the project.
- Reviews any risks likely in implementing the project and Assigns strategy to mitigate such risks.
- Compiles costs to execute the project and the documented response to the RFQ.
- Coordinates resources and monitors and reports progress and milestones regularly to all stakeholders.
- Negotiates or contributes to negotiations with suppliers and vendors.
- Responsible for meeting all project milestones and technical objectives.
- Monitors the budget adherence and take actions to minimize non-conformance costs.
- Checks projects results, designs respective test procedures and monitors test results.
- Ensures proper documentation of project results, and of all products or technologies delivered.
- Adheres to PM standards defined, and manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- Several years experience as a qualified engineer (PLC/ SCADA/ DCS) and several years as a Project Manager (ideally with automation systems).
- Proven experience to be able to put together an offer from customer requirements
- Full Australian work rights
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 81330
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time