- Sydney CBD location
- Impressive Market Leading Technology Stack
- 24 month fixed term contract
At RBA, the Information Technology Department supports the Bank's policy, operational and corporate objectives by providing strategic IT direction and also ensures industry-leading resilience in internal applications and critical systems that support payments, banking and financial markets. Currently, the IT Department is seeking an enthusiastic, articulate and reliable BI Technical Lead to assist with the support and implementation of the Bank’s BI technology solutions.
About the Role:
- Key SME for the Banks BI Technology platform.
- Maintain expert knowledge of current and future platform vision, design, and development patterns.
- Advise business and technology stakeholders on platform capabilities including design and development patterns.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve robust SDLC practice.
- Oversee the adherence of development approaches and efforts of other technical staff to ensure alignment with the BI SDLC
- Lead development teams to deliver BI solutions. Be an effective communicator, mentor and inspire junior development staff to deliver BI solutions on time and to a high level of quality.
- Prepare realistic development plans including the ability to estimate work effectively, breakdown development tasks into manageable work priorities and assist project managers to schedule work.
- Work with key business and technology stakeholders to translate requirements and data models into well engineered BI designs and solutions that meet enterprise architecture standards.
- Be a key escalation point for BAU support teams for support resolution and system enhancement.
- Degree qualified
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience working in a similar role and advanced knowledge e in the design and development of BI solutions using the IBM InfoSphere suite including DataStage and Quality Stage. You will have strong working knowledge of Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server technologies, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS and knowledge of data transformation techniques. Additionally you will have extensive experience in the design and implementation of dashboards, reports and dimensional cubes using Microsoft SQL SSRS, SSAS, Power BI and other BI tools.
Employment will be offered under a fixed term employment arrangement running for a period of 24 months.
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Those who are involved in the activities of the Bank have an important role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting role.
Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.