Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
As our next Auto Electrician reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The successful applicant will join a passionate and energetic team where they will be responsible for providing technical knowledge, support and assistance to Thiess’ maintenance operations. The role will also provide an opportunity to expand your skills with autonomous machinery and technology.
Christmas Creek, Western Australia | 2/1 roster
About the role
In this role, you will:
- Complete all work activities related to the conversion of CAT and Komatsu dump trucks
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilisation
- Trade Certificate in Automotive Electrical Fitting
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- HR Drivers Licence preferred
- Demonstrated experience with CAT and/or Komatsu dump trucks
- Experience with autonomous mining equipment highly desirable
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.