- Fantastic opportunity for an Associate Performance Management Delivery Support
- Great opportunity to join an innovative organisation and develop valuable skills
- Permanent opportunity based in Melbourne
For more than 150 years, we’ve been helping our customers with their money. Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
We have built our business on understanding our customers and supporting them. As Australia’s largest business bank, we work with small, medium and large businesses to help them start, run and grow. We also fund some of the most important infrastructure in our communities – including schools, hospitals and roads.
And we do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.
More than money
We know that to be Australia and New Zealand’s most respected bank, we need to be more than good with money. We need to be just as good with people, too.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Associate Performance Management Delivery Support. You will work flexibly and supportively with other teams to ensure that the function overall within the region operates in a smooth manner.
In this challenging and pivotal role, your key responsibilities include:
- Manage the timely and accurate provision of financial information and payments on behalf of business partners and external bodies covering the region;
- Undertake appropriate checking and ensure the maintenance, development and production of financial reporting is of a high quality;
- Undertake financial projects, testing and SME advice for funded and unfunded project requests;
- Preparing of external reporting requirements (e.g. financial statements , APRA) and ensure compliance with Taxation, ASX, ASC regulations and Capital Expenditure;
- Influencing business units to release and provide required information and data;
- Be compliant with all statutory reporting requirements and provide senior team members with up to date information on which to base decision making;
- Working cooperatively and flexibly with other team members sharing responsibility for the achievement of the financial and strategic goals of the business unit;
- Continually look to review, document and improve current procedures;
- Handling a complex business environment with numerous stakeholders;
- Providing service advice to a diverse and broad range of business operations throughout the business;
- Implementation and adherence to best practice systems and processes to support the financial process and other related business units within the bank;
- Provide professional and ethical behaviour in your actions by ensuring compliance with external legislation, bank standards and internal operating policies and procedures relevant to the position;
- Ensure all personal training records are maintained and kept up to date;
- To conform with all internal operating policies and procedures relevant to the position;
- Act as a point of contact for business unit partners assisting in query/problem resolution;
- Assist in testing/implementation of BAU developments/changes.
- Need to be able to flexibly work through tasks with an end to end view of the fund.
Skills and experience
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work in a fast-paced, at times ambiguous and complex environment and have:
- Relevant degree
- Will undertake general accounting with supervision as required
- Sound computer skills
- Intermediate excel skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to self-direct workflow and manage time
We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence.
At NAB, we provide access to a large number of exclusive employee benefits that will support you both personally and professionally. These include volunteer leave, education and learning benefits and banking & financial services discounts for example. Visit our benefits page for more information http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
How to apply
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 06 Dec 2018 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Dec 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time