As an Associate Director with the worlds #1 ranked engineering design firm, you will be exposed to a range of projects and stakeholders providing you with an opportunity to apply your experience on major rail projects Current and recent projects include light rail, metro, passenger rail and freight rail. You will be responsible for leading and mentoring the Systems and Safety Assurance team as part of the NSW Rail Team and contributing to the wider Civil and Infrastructure and AECOM team.
- Lead, mentor and grow the NSW Systems and Safety Assurance team
- Set and clearly communicate goals and targets for self, team and stakeholders
- Be pro-active in managing priorities for clients and internal stakeholders
- Manage risk and opportunities on all assigned projects
- Safety assurance planning
- Elicitation, definition and analysis of client system safety requirements
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Safety Risk assessment and management (Qualitative & Quantitative approach)
- Management of Project Hazard Logs and Safety Risk Registers
- ALARP/SFAIRP argument development
- Development of safety arguments and safety cases
- Requirements Capture Verification and Validation
- RAM Analysis
- Maintain competence management in-line with the business strategy
- Ensure that the AECOM rail competence framework is regularly reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Establish and maintain a Competency Management Plan, or embed competency management activities in the SEMP or EMP for projects.
- Creation and Maintaining of Standards matrix and business alignment
- Engineering degree and qualifications in one of the railway engineering disciplines
- An average of 15-20 years of experience in Systems Engineering and Systems Assurance
- Significant experience in the rail environment
- Skills in safety related standards such as:
- AS/NZS 4801 Safety Management Systems
- ISO/IEC 61508 Functional Safety of EEPE Safety Related Systems
- EN 50126/8/9 Specification and demonstration of RAMS
- Full understanding of DOORS
- Application of Goal Structuring Notation (GSN) to construct safety arguments
- Planning and managing all Safety Assurance activities on rail projects
- Hazard Identification (HAZID/HAZOP, FTA, FMECA)
- Hazard Analysis (PHA, SHA, SSHA, IHA, OSHA)
- ALARP/SFAIRP demonstration
- Create high performing, motivated and engaged teams via Performance Planning, Performance Management, appropriate Reward and Recognition, learning and development opportunities
- Strong team leader with excellent interpersonal skills who is able to work with and support staff
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Transportation
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.