AECOM are currently expanding their rail engineering capabilities in Sydney following several major project wins and our Civil Infrastructure team currently have a number of vacancies in our Sydney office for a Technical Specialist with a passion for Rail Civil Design.
You will be highly qualified and knowledgeable about Rail infrastructure, underground and/or metro / light rail networks, who wants to provide technical leadership to a team of passionate engineers who have worked on some of the world’s top rail projects.
Locally our team is currently engaged in supporting some of our major project wins including Sydney Metro, Canberra Metro and various Sydney Train corridor and station upgrade programmes. We also continue to provide support to major projects both nationally and internationally.
Your key focus will be on:
- Undertaking civil design work for rail projects. This includes alignment, civil infrastructure design including drainage, CSR, minor civil structures and constructability components
- lead the civil design and provide technical leadership to the team to undertake track and civil infrastructure design on projects
- Adhere to systems and procedures to ensure reliability, viability and auditability of design deliverables
- Develop and implement Safety & Design strategies
- Assist graduates and junior staff in their professional development
- Enjoy working in a team environment on technically challenging projects
- Be passionate about assisting junior staff in their professional development
- Have suitable rail design experience in a consultancy environment which includes drainage and track formation design
- Be proficient in a range of rail design packages such as 12D
- Degree qualified (Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Have a track record of successfully delivering rail track and civil design packages
- Have strong communication skills and ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Possess a sound analytical ability, excellent written and presentation skills
- Have a commitment to quality and accuracy
- Have evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Ideally have ASA competencies in track alignment, drainage and/or structural
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Civil
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.