Assistant Portfolio Manager-LON35432
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients. Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £447.0 billion (€503.6 billion/$604.7 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,600 people across six continents who focus on doing just this. We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings. *as at 31 December 2017
Cazenove Capital Management (‘Cazenove Capital’) offers specialist financial solutions to high net worth individuals, family offices, charities and their advisers, utilising both Schroders and Cazenove Capital’s investment expertise and external providers and resources.
We focus on growing and preserving wealth, using the knowledge of our economics and investment strategy teams, and using both proprietary Schroders investment products and external funds in structuring our clients' portfolios. This enables us to provide a highly personal wealth management service to wealthy individuals, families and their advisers.
We provide a full range of products including deposit-taking, cash management, custody and execution services, discretionary asset management, financial planning and specialised lending.
To assist a Portfolio Director with managing day to day client relationships.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Assist a Portfolio Director in managing clients’ portfolios in line with agreed investment mandate, benchmarks and restrictions.
• Within each asset class, assist in the recommendation and, with the approval of the Portfolio Director, action any changes to underlying securities and/or funds in line with appropriate models and funds buy-list.
• Be an additional point of contact at Cazenove Capital Management when the Portfolio Directors are not available or busy and, therefore, to develop a relationship of trust with the clients.
• Handle other administrative duties in a timely manner. This would include new client take-on forms, Strategic Asset Allocation comparisons, client cash flow projections and portfolio analysis, and assist in proposal and client meeting preparation.
• To react to all client related enquiries in a timely manner and maintain a record of responses.
• Execute trades in client portfolios in line with appropriate mandates.
• Check bargains, monitor outstanding deals and report/monitor errors.
• To maintain financial spreadsheets for large family groups/individual clients.
• Instruct the transfer team regarding stock transfers between portfolios and to/from external managers for clients transferring in/out.
To support a Portfolio Director with the day to day administration of an AIM based Inheritance Tax Portfolio Service
Qualifications (educational, professional, regulatory)
• Degree qualified, or equivalent; minimum 2:1
• (Preferred) Hold the Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) qualification, or equivalent Level 4 FCA approved qualification;*
• Willingness to study the CISI Masters in Wealth Management or equivalent FCA approved qualification.
* The incumbent is required to obtain the full IAD, or equivalent FCA approved RDR compliant qualification, within nine months of joining the Firm.
Essential skills and experience
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills;
• High level of numeracy;
• Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• A keen interest and a good basic understanding of the Fund Management industry;
• Able to demonstrate and evidence Continued Professional Development.
Demonstrable interest and understanding of equity markets and individual company reporting
Desirable skills and experience
• Experience in dealing, settlement and operational support functions;
• Good familiarity with the in-house systems necessary to fulfil the above functions;
• Familiarity with Reuters and Bloomberg.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
|Job Type:||Full time|
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
|Live Jobs: 65 - View all Jobs|