Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As our next Asset Manager reporting to the General Manager Asset Operations (Global), you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. Primarily, you will lead the Asset team for the APAC West / Africa regions, building and maintaining Asset Management capability and facilitating growth and sustainability in the region.
Perth, Western Australia
Permanent, Full time opportunity
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the successful execution of operations to achieve the business objectives and strategic direction of Thiess Western Region and Africa
- Provide effective leadership to the Asset team aligned to Thiess Assets Strategic plan
- Ensure that all activities are performed in accordance with the relevant regulatory requirements and aligned to Thiess’ Safety Essentials
- Provide off site support and Governance for all Projects and Sites
- Build and maintain strong Key Supplier Relationships for your region
- Drive a culture consistent with the CIMIC Vision and CIMIC Principals
- Maintain a professional relationship of mutual trust with our Client.
- Provide Financial Accountability for Regional Support Facilities
- Ensure all information and Notifications pertinent to Assets are communicated effectively
- Promote innovation and work closely with the Site Management Teams
- Undertake frequent travel to regional sites throughout WA as well as Africa
- Substantial operational experience with Mobile Mining Assets Mining Assets in an Open Cut mining environment
- Extensive knowledge of Mobile Mining Assets
- Demonstrated effectiveness in Leadership roles
- Mechanical Trade or Mechanical Engineering Degree or similar
- Hazard Identification and risk management
- Proficient in MS Office, MMA, e.g. JDE Applications, Entire, Minestar
- Contract management and basic accounting
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the link. Applications close 23 December 2018