Group Treasury has an opportunity for an analyst to join our Balance Sheet Management function, which is responsible for managing the overall Liquidity, Funding and IRRBB position of Macquarie globally. The role will be focussed on developing our modelling and reporting capabilities used to manage these balance sheet risks funding and liquidity. The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of Treasury asset liability risk analysis and work closely with stakeholders across Macquarie.
• Analyse the liquidity, funding and market risk generated by products, businesses and financial instruments
• Identify the information needed to drive daily balance sheet risk models and work with data and technology teams to source data inputs
• Design and build asset and liability models to support Treasury risk management activities and reporting obligations
• Develop reports and presentation material that effectively communicate risk exposures and financial performance
• Two or more years of experience ideally in Treasury, risk or finance roles. Exceptional candidates with relevant skills gained in other industries are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or a quantitative discipline
• Sound knowledge of financial markets and instruments
• An interest in working with data and building a career in Treasury risk management
• The ability to critically, logically analyse information and clear and concise communication skills
• Experience using database tools, programming languages or balance sheet modelling tools (e.g. QRM) would be beneficial.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.