In this role you will:
- Be accountable for the successful delivery in the remit of water supply treatment and storage (borefield development, M6 pipeline, pump station and desal), accommodation, gas supply and temporary construction facilities
- Define the asset Integration strategy aligned with the existing brownfield operations
- Define the contracts and procurement plan to support infrastructure components
- Complete dynamic simulation modelling to confirm PVE assumptions
- Maximise value through lowest operating cost, astute capital deployment and efficient delivery of study / project outcomes.
- Maintain and motivate people ensuring they work to achieve the best interest of the Olympic Dam operation and the study / project.
- Develop and implement project delivery strategies to manage health, safety and business risks.
- Maintain strong and transparent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understand, communicate and manage area specific technical risks and provide engineering expertise in risk assessments and value optimisation
- Clarify and provide technical guidance on engineering standards and processes to project team and engineering providers
- Review and challenge the existing OD engineering standards to ensure that the standards and specifications applied are fit-for-purpose, and meet business requirements whilst controlling costs and maximising value
- Steer developing designs towards best whole-life value
- Review design deliverables for engineering quality, safety, efficiency, value, Basis of Design (BoD) alignment and common problems ensuring minimum technical solutions are delivered
- Leading by example; hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in “Safety Leadership”
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline (Civil / Mechanical)
- Project Management experience relevant to Execution, ideally in Brownfields
- Delivering as part of a large multi-disciplinary Owner’s project team in a brownfield environment
- Leading and managing a team
- Engagement and influencing across diverse stakeholder ground at multiple levels
- Experience with technical document reviews and approvals, statutory compliance and safety in design principals
How to apply Please apply online before 24 April 2018
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.