Application Security Manager
- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave (for mums, dads & foster carers), with no minimum service
- Work with a great team with like-minded individuals who want to advance their skills and career
At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting Australia’s start up industry, you’ll build trust in society and solve important problems.
The Global Network Information Security (NIS) team bring this to life by working closely with the business to define the NIS 5 year security roadmap. Gathering business requirements to combine PwC’s goals with conceptual long term security trends to create a target architecture for NIS to deliver against.
If you love designing and building security technology this is the place to be. Within SAEIT we work closely with the business to define the NIS 5 year security roadmap. Gathering business requirements to combine PwC’s goals with conceptual long term security trends to create a target architecture for NIS to deliver against. From this future state plan the Security Engineering team break down long term goals into manageable projects and look to technical security solutions to solve business problems.
Success does stem from a positive attitude, hard work and going the extra mile, but that’s not all!
The Application Security team own following tasks:
- Definition of application landscape and creation of application risk register across the PwC Network of firms;
- Utilisation of application security tools for scanning applications for common application security risks;
- Engagement with development teams to articulate complex application security risks;
- Continual engagement throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to identify, track and reduce application security risks across new applications;
- Assessment of application security vulnerabilities across existing application landscape;
- Plan and prioritise application security vulnerabilities and develop structured remediation plan;
- Engaging stakeholders in ISRC to ensure technical vulnerabilities that cannot be remediated are managed and mitigating controls are developed to reduce the risk of said vulnerability within the business environment.
The brief is simple...
You have a solid background in Application Security, design & implementation. You thrive in a collaborative and innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders.
Your colleagues can vouch that you posses the following skills:
- Analytical: Inquisitive nature and intuition regarding what questions to ask, when, and their relative significance.
- Technical: Broad understanding of enterprise technology and how to design and build a range of security tools
- Business: High level understanding of PwC’s business model, service offerings, and business operating environment as it pertains to the firm’s threat landscape. Ability to frame threats and exposures in a business context recognized by non-technical staff and executives.
- Threat landscape: Knowledge of how attack techniques are used in enterprise intrusions to gain entry, gain privilege, and ultimately accomplish a nefarious objective against a victim organization.
- Communication: High level verbal and written communication skills vital to informing, persuading, and teaching stakeholders to enable effective response
- Delivery. Ability to define the conceptual and execute within a real world business environment.
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer
Working for Australia’s largest professional services firm you’ll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients.
Our culture and benefits are why we’re LinkedIn’s number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the core of everything we do. PwC empowers you to be yourself and work with people from many backgrounds to achieve things never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We’re committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn’t go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same,apply now.
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
*Sam Thomas is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.*#LI-PWCLMT