- Play a key role in keeping NAB and our customers safe from crime
- Build a career fighting crime and preventing fraud
- Bring your strong analytical skills to this high performing role
Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. We know that to be Australia and New Zealand’s most respected bank, we need to be more than good with money. We need to be just as good with people, too.
As a part of the wider Financial Crime Services Performance Unit, Anti-Crime Analytics establishes and deploys criminal detection strategies; planning for all types of fraud and criminal activity across critical functions and services including:
- Solution development and design;
- Research and benchmarking;
- Insight and Intelligence;
- Data management and quality;
- Process and service governance; and
- Systems development and maturity
As an Analyst, Detection Management you will support the delivery of Anti-Crime Analytics services by collecting, analysing and modelling data related to financial crime & information security; as well as developing solutions to reduce the impact of fraud and financial crime.
Further responsibilities include:
- Researching financial crime threats and emerging security trends
- Support and contribute to the Anti-Crime Analytics demand pipeline to ensure greater convergence, simplification and investment re-use of all service capabilities;
- Enable deployment of Anti-Crime Analytics frameworks, catalogue and support tools;
- Support validation of Anti-Crime Analytics risk profile and collaborate with Financial Crime Services to execute mitigation strategies/plans;
- Support the business unit with generating performance insights;
To succeed in this role, you will embrace the opportunity to work in a team environment and have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics, actuarial studies, engineering);
- Exposure to database and application programming would be advantageous (SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, SAS, Business Objects, and any major programming language);
- Customer driven commercial approach to business;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Results focussed;
- Entrepreneurial, ‘thinks outside the square’ yet practical in approach;
- An understanding of AML, anti-fraud, security, intelligence etc
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
This is a role that will give you a unique development opportunity in setting up a control room function with a terrific platform to further enhance your career prospects and go to the next level. Ready for your next leap? Apply now.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 12 Oct 2018 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Oct 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time