At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Superintendent Analysis & Improvement within the Fixed Plant Maintenance team, your accountabilities include:
- Demonstrating an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Improving Safety, Culture and Cost through identification, valuation and implementation of Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Improving reliability and reducing costs through investigations (RCAs) and Defect Elimination for chronic and acute equipment issues
- Developing, implementing, reviewing and updating work strategies for electrical equipment
- Performing regular in-field verification of strategy effectiveness and execution quality
- Develop budgets and forecasts through the use of equipment life cycle modelling and based on the preventative and corrective maintenance work strategies in 1SAP
- Initiating the modification of engineering and equipment standards
- Working alongside maintenance teams to improve plant reliability.
- Providing input to the modification of engineering and equipment standards
- Provide organisational governance in the application, understanding and compliance to business processes (1SAP)
If you are an outcome focused, energetic person who is passionate about safety and have the ability to build great relationships within our team, then you will be an ideal candidate to be part of our site family.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience, providing support and coaching to team members
- Ability to build strong working relationships and influence others without authority
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a range of cross functional stakeholders;
- Electrical Engineering qualification at degree level or equivalent tertiary qualification;
- Self-reliant contributor with distinctive proficiency in the Maintenance area.
- Electrical system knowledge and the ability to interpret and read electrical drawings to identify faults and design issues is required;
- Process control, network and instrumentation knowledge is desirable;
- Experience with instrumentation used in Fixed Plant is desirable;
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
A performance and achievement orientated professional, your technical strengths will be complemented by excellent relationship management skills enabling you to influence and lead successful change in a challenging and complex environment. Energetic and driven, with a strong understanding of safe operations and safe behaviour fundamentals. You will work well under pressure bringing a high attention to detail and the consistent ability to meet multiple deadlines.
BHP values diversity in experience and your career history will testify to your ability to foster collaboration as well as demonstrate sound judgement. Your ability to manage multiple levels of complexity and ambiguity are essential for success in this role.
You will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out 5:2 4:3 9:5 roster. Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, golf driving range, mini golf, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number: 65086
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia