- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the BHP Billiton charter, the BHP Billiton group level documents, code of conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- Demonstrate and instil an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership to promote a culture of zero harm through the BHP Field Leadership program;
- Work closely with the site based structural engineer to manage the continued inspection and prioritisation of structural defects within the fixed plant assets.
- Work closely with the onsite maintenance teams to assist in the management of structural repair and remediation activities.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of catastrophic risk management in the structural discipline.
- Monitor compliance to relevant BHP standards, Australian Standards and Statutory requirements.
- New maintenance strategies are developed and implemented within the SAP system for assets which the Specialist is accountable for.
- Existing maintenance strategies are continuously refined and improved for assets which the Specialist is accountable for.
- Monitor compliance to maintenance strategies for assets which the Specialist is accountable for.
- Root cause analysis and defect elimination investigations are actioned and completed for all defects on critical production assets for which the cause of the failure is unknown.
- Initiate and deliver reliability and safety improvement projects through the modification of equipment, standards and processes.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for the Fixed plant maintenance area through the use of equipment life cycle modelling and based on the preventative and corrective maintenance work strategies in 1SAP; and
- Identify inefficiencies in existing maintenance strategies in order to reduce maintenance costs.
- Structural Engineering degree or Trade qualification
- Experience in construction or maintenance of structures
- Exposure to SAP or other ERP platform for maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build credibility and trust across all levels of the business; and
- An eye for detail and the ability to prioritise work effectively
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
LocationWith this role you have the choice of either being residentially based in Newman or fly-in fly-out from Perth to Newman on a 5/2; 4/3 roster. You will be working at ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and other extended leave entitlements. Should you select to be residentially located in Newman, you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Reference Number – 54678
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.