Alcoa Corporation is a global industry leader in the production of bauxite, alumina and aluminum, enhanced by a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa Corporation draws on the innovation culture, customer relationships and strong brand of ParentCo. Previously known as the Aluminum Company of America, ParentCo pioneered the aluminum industry 128 years ago with the discovery of the first commercial process for the affordable production of aluminum. Since the discovery, Alcoa aluminum was used in the Wright brothers’ first flight (1903), ParentCo helped produce the first aluminum-sheathed skyscraper (1952), the first all-aluminum vehicle frame (1994) and the first aluminum beer bottle (2004).
Today, Alcoa Corporation extends this heritage of product and process innovation as it strives to continuously redefine world-class operational performance at its locations, while partnering with its customers across its range of global products. We believe that the lightweight capabilities and enhanced performance attributes that aluminum offers across a number of end markets are in increasingly high demand and underpin strong growth prospects for Alcoa Corporation.
Alcoa Corporation’s operations encompass all major production processes in the primary aluminum industry value chain, which we believe provides Alcoa Corporation with a strong platform from which to serve our customers in each critical segment.
About the opportunity
We currently have a part-time opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Administration Assistant to join Kwinana’s Technical Department working in the Laboratory.
This position is the sole administrative role in the Kwinana Laboratory and provides multi-department administrative support for all 3 refinery laboratories as well as the Mining Laboratory and the Kwinana Technical Department.
The role is solely responsible for ensuring critical contract obligations are met by the company in regard to the documentation (including customs declarations)/recording/despatching/couriering and tracking of official alumina shipment samples to customers. This covers shipments from both the Kwinana and Bunbury ports.
The position has responsibility for ensuring all BIS actions are raised for “Non Quality” shipments (i.e. outside specification, exceeding CSI limits and/or excessive difference between predicted and actual analysis). It also plays a central role in the timely review of Laboratory and Technical procedures and documents maintained in CDS. In addition, the Administration Assistant has single point accountability for the WAO Laboratory computer asset management system and all safety administration.
This role is for 3 days a week and for the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do.
We are seeking a dynamic person with significant experience in a confidential administrative role. You will be a highly motivated individual who has the ability to work effectively unsupervised, managing conflicting priorities from a broad customer group.
Your excellent communication skills, attention to detail and work management will compliment your drive to meet customer demands in a timely manner. You will have strong computing experience, and ideally with experience in the suite of systems used by Alcoa, such as Workday, Word and Excel.
About where you will work
Kwinana Alumina Refinery is located 40 kilometres south of Perth in the Kwinana Industrial Area. It is a major employer in the area with approximately 870 employees. An estimated 48 per cent of employees live in the neighbouring communities of Kwinana, Cockburn and Rockingham.
10th October 2018
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,300 people in Western Australia (WA) and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 16 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), and Alcoa of Australia’s Chairman and Managing Director Michael Parker is a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 50 years. More than 70 percent of Alcoa of Australia’s total annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.
- It is Alcoa's policy that all employees must advise their immediate supervisor or manager of their application prior to applying.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa of Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities