• Rewarding career development opportunity to make your mark!
• Milsons Point location
We are looking for two Accountants to join the Group Finance Team within the Finance and Investment Division at Roads and Maritime Services. These two positions play a key role in providing a broad range of financial management services in order to meet internal and external reporting, statutory compliance requirements, and support the achievement of RMS business requirements.
As an Accountant at Roads and Maritime Services you will be responsible for:
- Establishing and developing influential working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning and prioritising work to meet deadlines in an environment of changing and conflicting priorities
- Summarising and communicating risks and issues in simple language through attention to detail, and identifying trends and issues underlying the numbers.
- Continuing improvement and enhancement of financial and management reporting systems and procedures.
- Understanding the customer’s focus and business drivers and be able to interpret the impact of financial decisions and policy on the customer.
If you have strong relationship building skills and can communicate complex information to a variety of stakeholders, and you are keen to join a dynamic and proactive team, we would welcome your application.
Roads and Maritime Services is one of Australia's leading public sector agencies, with more than 5,500 employees and an annual budget of $5.5 billion.
As part of Transport for NSW we are responsible for implementing strategic and essential frontline services to the people of NSW who use roads, harbours and waterways.
We improve the movement of people by various transport modes, including public transport (bus and ferry), cycling and walking, as well as motor vehicles. We also deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety initiatives.
We offer diverse and challenging career opportunities for professional and technical specialists, trades, and people interested in making a difference to transport operations and road safety in New South Wales.
As the key agency in NSW for road safety, traffic management and planning, road building and maintenance, as well as improving maritime safety, we want our staff to reach their full potential.
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
How to apply
Click on APPLY button. For further information, please visit our internet site Roads & Maritime or to view the position description and Applicant Information Pack please click on links provided.
For any enquiries, please contact Amanda Souter on 02 9462 6143 or Pauline Biggs on 02 8849 2606 and quote 000060H2
*Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: 11.59pm, Tuesday 20 March 2018
Key Application ResponsesWhen preparing your application - Your written application must stand on its merits. If you do not demonstrate how you meet the Selection Criteria (Skills/Experience) for the position you will not proceed through the selection process. The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview.
- Tertiary qualifications in financial management and accounting and professional membership with either the CPA Australia (CPA) or the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ).
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex financial management environment.
- Experience in delivery of current and predictive analysis and reporting across a range of financial management functions.
- Demonstrated success participating in a variety of finance projects and meeting tight timelines.
- High level project management skills and experience in project evaluation and modification to meet evolving business needs.
- Proven experience in developing concise, ‘plain English’ financial policies, guidelines and business rules and facilitating effective implementation strategies across an organisation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Sound understanding of the Australian Accounting Standards and their application.