Your career in Accenture Digital
Accenture Big Data Engineer Consultant/Manager, Australia.
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD?
Are you curious about how digital is changing the world?
Join us to lead the digital revolution
Do you want to help the world's leading brands and governments do more for the people they serve through the power of digital? We can help you do it by broadening and deepening the skills you need to succeed in a fast-moving digital environment. Using your digital talents, you will be ready to challenge the status quo and develop new digital strategies, implement digital technologies and run digital processes on behalf of clients.
At Accenture Digital, you will be part of a passionate team leading the way in the fastest paced industry there is. Our entrepreneurial nature allows you to work in a “start-up” culture while enjoying the benefits and opportunities of a global business. Your opportunities to learn and grow are almost limitless, with a range of career options across Mobility, Interactive and Analytics working with diverse teams from Accenture Strategy, Technology, Operations and Consulting.
Big Data Solution and data engineering professionals use Big Data methodologies, solutions, platforms and tools to help organizations optimize their business performance by ingesting, processing, and managing big volumes of fast multi structured data as well as extracting meaningful value from these large volumes of data.
You are an experienced Big Data Engineer with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong project delivery and implementation experience in large scale batch and streaming data ingestion, distributed processing, and build of Enterprise Data Lakes.
- Strong experience in metadata driven data ingestion, Big data metadata management, governance and implementing data security controls
As a Big Data Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data solution, including:
- Working in highly client-facing roles to contribute throughout the end-to-end delivery lifecycle of complex and large-scale Big Data lakes
- Work with/Guide clients on the best application of big data solutions to their current situation
- Big data Use case and business case development
- Vendor landscape and technology assessment (covering OpenSource and COTS solutions, for example Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, Spark)
- Establishing and promoting architecture principles for which the platform is developed
- Proof of concept execution to prove the value of Big Data use cases
- Full lifecycle implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment
- Assess emerging trends in storage access which includes the application of existing high performance distributed file system storage technologies for use by applications in lieu to traditional relational database storage methods
- Review of all technical approaches for platform enhancements and customer solutions
- Maintenance and communication of the current-state architecture (where we are today)
- Maintenance and communication of the target-state architecture vision (where we are going)
- Leads the translation of the technical architecture into backlog generation
- Leads estimation exercises for sprint planning and future release planning
- Leads review and signoff of all technical deliverables from the team
- Interstate travel required