- Exciting opportunity to oversee the day to day airport operations ensuring a safe operational environment that drives continuous customer service and business improvement
- Challenge yourself to analyse, evaluate and challenge existing business processes
- Full time, ongoing role located at Auckland Airport
Built on a long history of pioneering aviation, the Qantas Group continues to push boundaries today, whether it’s through state of the art aircraft, new routes or world-class product, we’re working to create memorable experiences for our customers whenever they fly with us. No matter where we are in the world, seeing our red roo take to the skies fills us with pride.
Our offshore ports each have a personality of their own. When you’re part of the offshore Qantas family, you might be physically apart but you’re still a close part of our team. Our collaborative culture allows us to dream big and deliver successfully, knowing we’re supported by the best people. Together we drive positive business outcomes, taking a considered, cost conscious approach that makes a difference to our customer experience.
As an Airport Manager within our offshore Airports, your responsibilities will include the development and implementation of strategic and annual plans, that deliver sustainable benefits and longer-term operational plans. Your passion for customer service will see you drive a customer focus and demonstrate a passion for service, aligned with the Brand Values as well as develop a workplace culture of continuous improvement, identifying operational performance gaps and implementing change with the collaboration of staff. Your ability to think big picture will see you implement and drive necessary strategies and review processes to ensure the Airport achieves/exceeds budget and stretch targets, including maximising revenue generation; and drive and role model a positive safety culture within the Qantas Team and Ground Handling partners.
You’ll have –
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Business, Aviation, Safety or related discipline.
- Operational and managerial experience at a senior level in a large, complex service environment, and/or with a regulatory body.
- Demonstrated experience in an operational area ideally within the airline industry in an Airport environment
- Concise understanding of all aspects of operational, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Understanding of, experience in and a desire to support change management processes on a local level.
- Sound analytical aptitude, problem solving skills and data management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to influence at all levels
- Thorough level of understanding of Aviation Legislation Requirements and the ability to ensure implementation of the robust corporate processes and procedures to ensure Airport compliance is desirable
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of CASA regulations and a demonstrated understanding of current regulatory and industry issues is desirable
- Rights to live and work in New Zealand
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you. Qantas embraces diversity and encourages applications from people with disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – get in touch today.
Applications close Monday, 30 April 2018