- Exciting role with the opportunity to make a real impact
- Permanent full time role – working with a great team
- Based at our Mascot Campus
We pride ourselves on forward thinking. We’re not afraid to challenge, we invent boldly, and we purposefully disrupt. In an industry characterised by competition and change, we stay ahead of the game by innovating and creating outstanding products and services for our customers.
Qantas Loyalty is an innovative data led business that drives customer, partner and employee loyalty through our Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Business Rewards programs. Over 11.7m members are rewarded with Qantas points across a range of categories, including travel, financial services, retail, health and wellbeing, food and wine and small business services. We commit to respecting and trusting the people we work with. This creates an open and transparent workplace, where honest conversations allow us to appreciate differences and deliver our common goals.
Technology allows us to push the boundaries further than ever before. Once you understand the challenge, it’s likely we’ll be able to work together to find the best solution. As a Software Developer you will collaborate with the business to understand needs and requirements and subsequently contribute to the development or implementation of the appropriate technical solution to support effective business operations. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience in programming/scripting languages such as Golang (highly desirable), Java, Python, Node and/or ReactJS
- Some experience with AWS and building micro-services
- Experience using instrumentation tools (new relic, app dynamics etc.) and automated testing frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, REDIS)
- Familiarity with Linux
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
We want to see our people grow personally and professionally. Our brand values and Qantas Group beliefs guide the way we behave, reminding us to always live up to those expectations. Together, we can achieve more than we ever imagined.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.