- Exciting opportunity within our Freight team
- Rare leadership role
Our offshore ports each have a personality of their own. When you’re part of the offshore Qantas family, you might be physically apart but you’re still a close part of our team.
The Regional Freight Operations Manager is responsible for managing the LAX Freight terminal as well as the overall strategic leadership for safety and operational performance for Qantas Freight in the Americas. The aim of this role is to ensure the delivery of an inclusive safety culture for our people and ground handling partners, as well as enabling a consistent, high quality and cost-effective Freight service experience across the region.
You will be accountable for operations, safety, incident investigations, ground handling management, business resilience, people leadership, regulatory compliance, risk identification and management, and budgets for all airports within the regional portfolio. You will act as a subject matter expert on matters related to operational performance and safety for freight ensuring compliance with Qantas Airlines requirements and relevant regional regulations and standards. The role ensures delivery to Group and regional target, using data, insights and innovative thinking to continually develop Qantas Freight’s market leading customer offering and ensuring operational excellence.
The role is based in Los Angeles and you will balance the role of LAX Freight Terminal Manager alongside your regional operational responsibilities.
The Regional Freight Operations Manager will drive the implementation of key strategic change projects by providing project management leadership within region, including port start-ups and/ or ground handler transitions. You will also actively manage 3rd party ground handler provider(s) ensuring performance targets and SLAs are successfully met, and drive an employee performance culture by developing a high performing engaged team.
We’ve built a high performance culture, and you can be sure we’ll hold you to those expectations. You’ll be challenged to make the impossible possible. Along the way, you’ll have plenty of fun, meet amazing people and have experiences like no other
You’ll have –
- Tertiary Qualifications in business, Aviation, Logistics, safety or related discipline
- Operational and managerial experience at a senior level in a large complex service environment and or with a regulatory body
- Solid working knowledge of Freight Operations, Airport Operations,, Qantas Safety, Workcover Authority, ICAO, CASA, DOTARS and IATA
- Proven ability to communicate & negotiate effectively with all levels of Government, service providers management and staff
- Experience in an operational area within the airline industry preferably in Freight operations or supply chain logistics
- Knowledge of the TSA regulations
- Sound analytical aptitude, problem solving skills and data management
- Knowledge of quality control principals
- Ability to represent Qantas Freight professionally and to influence others
- Ability to develop and implement tactical plans
- Ability to work within a complex and dynamic operational environment
- Drive to make a real difference
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Qantas embraces diversity and encourages applications from people with disability. Candidates will have the opportunity to request support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process in order to demonstrate their ability to meet the inherent requirements of our roles.