2019 IBM Graduate Consulting Positions (Technical and Business) – Sydney
What are your plans for 2019? Joining the largest technology and consulting employer in the world?
IBM; the company that put the first man on the moon; the company that created Watson – the first artificial intelligent machine to win Jeopardy; IBM – the makers of laptops. Yes, that was us – but now are so much more. The new IBM has reinvented education, the new IBM helps guide dogs guide – in fact we are even helping to improve people’s lives. If that’s not exciting enough we are making fashion digital, we are predicting the weather and we are making cars go faster. IBM employees are defining the cognitive era, and this is just the beginning. What can YOU do with IBM?
Our Consulting arm, Global Business Services (GBS), has a number of exciting graduate openings for 2019 – which one says ‘me’?
Digital Experience Designers and Developers
We think bigger than an agency, with the power to integrate the whole system. We are IBM Interactive Experience. We need talented and motivated junior designers and developers to join an era of design-led innovation at one of the world's largest software companies. As part of our team, you will:
- Work across offerings in Digital commerce, mobile and web app development, digital marketing and content management, Salesforce, UX / UI design and experience led Design Thinking
- Create prototypes to test hypotheses and iterate to develop the exploration of a concept.
- Design validation sessions and playbacks.
- Apply IBM Design Thinking and methods to uncover user and business requirements in the context of the technical landscape.
- Deliver digital solutions: the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages, emails, and mobile experiences.
- Integrate your code with other technologies (Web Services, client back-end systems, content management systems, etc.)
- Optimise performance of applications.
**Apply for this role if you are studying:**Communication Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Computer Science/ Software Engineering
We are engaged by private and public sector customers to design solutions that solve their complex problems. We are seeking motivated graduates who can listen to customers, help define a cognitive vision and roadmap, and participate in the implementation of solutions.
- Participate in Design Thinking workshops with clients, and accurately document outcomes (including compelling visual diagrams and infographics)
- Engage with subject matter experts to translate customers’ problems and pain points into a high-level future state vision
- Work within a team environment to develop innovative solutions
- Leverage IBM Watson cognitive capabilities
- Use Python/R/Spark to build machine learning algorithms
Preferred areas of study / experience: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business. Mathematics, Data Science and Economics. Students from other faculties are also encouraged to apply if they can demonstrate their drive and passion to help customers realise the benefits of implementing cognitive solutions.
Cloud Application Innovation Consultant
Our services collaborate with the world's leading software vendors to provide comprehensive business solutions.
- Advise clients on the shift to cloud, including building cloud native applications, migrating to the cloud and adopting cloud platforms.
- Build Cloud Native applications using design thinking and agile approaches on a DevOps enabled platform such as Bluemix.
- Work with other parts of our business to migrate clients to the cloud.
You are eligible to apply if you are studying: IT, Engineering, or Business
As well as benefiting from our one-year Startwise graduate program, our GBS graduates are part of the 2-year Consulting by Degrees program; IBM’s global graduate leadership and development program designed for graduates who are passionate about building a career in consulting. You will be given the opportunity to experience different clients and job roles within GBS throughout your 2-year program.
Your future in consulting starts here. We will have 2 intakes: Jan/ Feb and July.
We encourage you to apply if...
- You are an Australian Citizen (it is critical for our client base).
- You have at least a credit average at university.
- You have a tertiary degree from an AU/NZ University, having completed your last subject no earlier than 2017.
- You have no more than 2 years (full time) relevant work experience
- You are willing to travel
How to apply:
Please upload your cover letter, CV, academic transcript (non-official is adequate), and right to work documents (Australian passport OR birth certificate and photo id - i.e.: valid driver’s licence) in one document to expedite the application process.
- You are advised to populate your preferred email ID for hiring process communication purposes
- All applicants are required to check their email ID (including junk folder) after applying online to undergo a mandatory IPAT test. Instructions for the test will be outlined in the email.
- Please ensure you specify which of the listed roles you would like to be considered for.
For more information about IBM's graduate program:
We believe true innovation is driven by diversity, so to uphold our reputation as an industry-leading enterprise, we rely on people with different backgrounds, different perspectives and different attitudes. So, come on board and join us as we enter a new era for our industry – and our planet.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Must be willing to travel
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Suitable degrees include:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.