As an Intern at Microsoft, you’ll join our best in class Intern program in Asia Pacific, where you will take on challenging and meaningful projects during a 1-year long period. Throughout your year based in our Sydney Headquarters or Melbourne office, you will get the chance to take on two positions in different teams/business groups, with the opportunity to gain a diverse experiences and business insights. We will align your first role with your core strengths. For the second rotation, we will work with you and your manager to determine how best to round out your experience and take the next step in your career to suit your interests and goals.
Our intern rotation program is designed for penultimate year university students who are on track to complete their studies in an IT related field and are passionate about empowering our customers and solving business problems through technology. We are looking for highly motivated individuals looking to join us in our mission to empower every person and organisation to achieve more.
Key features of the Program:
- You can expect to work part-time (3 days) during your university semesters and full-time (5 days) during your semester breaks.
- You will be paid at a competitive market rate.
- The internship tentative start date will be on 3 December 2018.
- You can expect to join our signature Intern Learning Week conference with all our Interns across Asia Pacific and Australia (up to 7 countries) in our Singapore Area Headquarters for one week in July 2018.
- You will Intern with us whilst completing your final year of your university degree, with the opportunity to convert into a full-time graduate position upon your completion.
In a customer facing technology role you will act as a trusted technology advisor, you will strategize information technology decision makers as well as business decision owners who come to Microsoft for specific and unique end-to-end solutions. You may take on a consultant role, where you will be required to design, and implement enterprise infrastructures and IT business solutions, often working on-site to help customers deploy their solutions or work as a field engineer, where you will be responsible for delivering dedicated technical solution support to strategic Microsoft customers ensuring the health of their IT infrastructure.
- On-track to complete a Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT/Computer Science or Engineering majors.
- Have less than 2 years combined (full-time) professional work experience
- Passion for the technology and innovation
- Seeks opportunities to learn new methods, procedures or techniques
- Evaluates & builds solutions based on customer perspective
- Good understanding of the relationship between technology and business
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals
- Thriving in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Ability to influence, inspire and lead from any role
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.