* Employer has undertaken the requirements to be on the Pay Equity Ambassador list, administered by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA).
Open to discussing flexible working arrangements at the interview stage?
Employer is a Pay Equity Ambassador*
In progress 2019
Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave)
Paid Parental Leave at full salary for secondary carer
Minimum tenure required to be eligible for Paid Parental Leave
Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid Parental Leave
Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on unpaid Parental Leave
Programs for parents returning to work after Parental Leave
Opportunities to purchase leave
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Leadership development programs
Targets to raise the number of women in leadership
Domestic and Family Violence policy
to be introduced March 2019
Internal Women's networking groups
Employee engagement scores year on year
Employee turnover rate
Paid volunteer days
** 8 weeks at the start of primary parental leave and 2 weeks when return to work
If you would like to hide a section or a table row in this page, please type"no" in the box on top of the section/row
Known for innovation and excellence in our field, Sedgman, a member of CIMIC Group, has been delivering mineral processing solutions for almost 40 years. We are a full project life-cycle delivery company incorporating the development, project execution and ongoing operations phases of each project.
Our mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We at Sedgman see diversity and inclusion as a foundation of our business and believe that our success is driven by our people. We understand that it takes a broad range of experienced and diverse people to deliver our projects and we are always looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team.
We want our people to work in an environment where they feel welcome, supported, respected and heard, regardless of their background, age, gender or ethnicity; and where all employees can reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
To help foster the unique skills and talents of our diverse people and a culture which is inclusive, without exception, we have the following in place:
- A clearly stated Mission and Principles.
- A Code of Conduct that sets out the standards and behaviours that we expect from our people.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and unconscious bias training to support a level playing field.
- A Diversity and Inclusion forum involving employee and management representatives who meet regularly to develop and execute our diversity and inclusion strategy and initiatives.
We have a series of initiatives to promote and increase employment opportunities for women at all levels of our business so that we progress towards gender balance; some of these include:
- Undergraduate work placements and a graduate program promoting women in engineering
- Access to leadership programs
- Networks for women, including the recent launch of WINTR – a LinkedIn networking group for women in non-traditional roles and industries, and those who support them, to share experience and encourage one another in their career development.
As a member of CIMIC Group we are part of a global company that values diversity of thought, experience and skills and is cultivating an inclusive workplace:
- CIMIC Group was named by LinkedIn as one of the best companies in Australia for attracting and keeping top talent. We were ranked as the sixth best company to work for in 2018.
- CIMIC Group’s commitment to sustainability was recognised through inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) Australia Index. We were the only construction and engineering company to receive the acknowledgment.
- Our Fit for Work Fit for life health initiatives now include health and income protection benefits (and more) for eligible employees.
"I've been working flexibly at Sedgman for a long time and I've appreciated the ability to negotiate my working arrangements around my family responsibilities. It's all about trust and some give and take and I think it's a win both ways."Jenny Agnew, Risk & Sustainability Manager